平成20年1月30日水曜日

Tiruvannamalai



After Chennai, I went to Tiruvannamalai.
There's the holy Arunachala hill.
Sri Ramana Maharishi is from this city.

I arrived there on Tuesday on full moon.
Many pilgrims gather here and walk around the hill on full moon.
It took me 4 hours from 8pm to midnight.

I stayed near Ramana Ashram.
It's a quiet area compared to the center of the city, and there are many good places for meditation, a variety of satsang, bhajan, darshan, deeksha etc.. are happening.


*Concert at Ragini's



There was a Classical Indian music concert at a restaurant called Ragini's.
Vocal(Mariko-san), Bunsuri, Tabla, and some string instrument.
They did Sufi music too.
It was beautiful.


*Darshan at Shiva Shakti Ammayer Ashram

Darshan from a female guru who's never spoken a word in her whole life. She looked at everyone and gave blessings. Very quiet and peaceful.


*Deeksha on Monday and Thursday night at Bharatha's rooftop.

Meditation and transmission of divine energy. It felt so good...


*Darshan with Aum Amma



It is said that om symbol showed up on her forehead.
She was in trance. Her eyes rolled up, and her hands and legs were shaking with music.She gave everyone blessings with flower and touch. She put flower crazily on each one's face and touched her forehead to each one.
Then, threw the flower everywhere... It was very interesting...


* Indian Shiva Dance

I took some lessons of Indian Shiva Dance and chanting from Venkatesh.
Some foot moves and mudras.
Shiva Dance is from South India, and slower than Bharatanatyam.
I enjoyed it.


*Dhrupad Lesson

I learnred Indian classical singig called Dhrupad from Mariko-san.
It was very deep.I really like it. I will continue this sadhana as well.


*Climbing Arunachala



I climbed Arunachala hill and went to Skanda Ashram and 3 caves.
It was a nice walk to Skanda Ashram about 40 minutes.
I meditated there for a while.
Then I climbed rocks and went to Shiva cave and Ramana cave, whiere Ramana Maharishi spent years in meditation.



It was a spectacular view of the city from the top of the moutain cave.




*Arunachaleshwarar Temple



The biggest shiva shakti temple in the world.



It was in 2 day festival. There was a dance performance. She was great.


*Room with Arinachala view



My room in Tiruvannamalai. It was a very nice room with a view of Arunachala.
I practiced meditation, chanting, asanas, etc. facing the mountain.
Very refreshing energy.


Next I am going to Auroville...

3 件のコメント:

Shen さんのコメント...

楽しそう!
I've never been to South India.
I wish I could be travelling with you...

Please say hi to Mariko-san from me.

tomo さんのコメント...

Pictures which you took are very beautiful!
I'm enjoying to see them.
I'd like to travel south india some day.

It's very cold in Japan.
Is it warm in India?

Yuki  さんのコメント...

Shen,
kondo isshoni tabi shomashou!
I bought a little drum in Tiruvannamalai. It's my best friend now.

Tomo-san,
I am glad you liked the pictures.
It's warm here. Asa ha 25 do, hiru ha 30 do kurai desu.